CHBA-CO celebrates exceptional year by recognizing excellence in its membership
January 27, 2020, Kelowna, BC – The Canadian Home Builder’s Association of the Central Okanagan (CHBA-CO) announced the winners of the annual Okanagan Housing Awards of Excellence at its awards gala on Saturday night.
Held at the Delta Grand Okanagan Hotel, the Okanagan Housing Awards of Excellence honours exceptional work done by home builders, designers and renovators in the Central Okanagan.
“This year the projects were nothing short of outstanding as the judges said they were absolutely blown away. This is not standard across Canada, CHBA-CO is truly leading the way in housing innovation,” said Cassidy deVeer, president, CHBA-CO. “I always feel honored to represent this amazing group. The talent level of our members is what makes our association great.”
Multiple winners were the big story this year as Kelowna’s Ian Paine Construction and Design led the pack with six awards, while Vernon’s Sunterra Custom Homes was a five time winner. But it was Weninger Construction and Design that took home the hardware for the coveted Home of the Year for the stunning Snowpeaks Lodge built at Big White Ski Resort.
Here are some of the winners:
- Ian Paine Construction and Design (6-time winner)
- Interior Design (Renovation)
- Residential Renovations $250K – $500K
- Kitchen Renovations $75K & Under
- Bathroom Renovations $40K & Under
- Bathroom Renovations $40K & Over
- Residential Renovator of the Year
- Sunterra Custom Homes (Vernon Builder, 5-time winner)
- Single Family Detached Home $1.5M – $2M
- Single Family Detached Home $500K – $750K
- Outdoor Living Space (New Home or Renovation)
- Master Suite Design (New Home)
- Kitchen Design (New Home) $70K & Over
- Harmony Homes (3-time winner)
- Multi-Family Builder of the Year
- Urban Infill-Residential (Property Re-Use)
- Semi-Detached or Town-Home Development
- Weninger Construction & Design Ltd. (3-time Winner)
- Home of the Year
- Single Family Detached Home $3M – $5M
- Any Room (New Home or Renovation)
deVeer continues, “Our organization exists to promote best practices amongst our members but we also help protect consumers and provide industry advocacy. Consumers should always ask if their builder or renovator is a CHBA member before starting their project as our members represent the best of the best.”
A full list of winners and their awards can be found at https://www.chbaco.com/award-winners/.
To access the CHBA-CO media kit, click here.
For further information about the CHBA-CO, visit www.chbaco.com
403 880 5410
dHz Media Inc.
403 921 2001
About the Canadian Home Builders’ Association Central Okanagan:
CHBA CO is the regional voice of the residential construction industry in the Central Okanagan. It represents more than 250 members and is part of an affiliated network of nine local home building associations located throughout the province. The industry contributes over $23.1 billion in investment value to British Columbia’s economy creating 158,000 jobs in new home construction, renovation, and repair. One in five employees in British Columbia work in the home building industry.